Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2 Corinthians 9:12-13

Can I just say that I had the most AMAZING experience EVER today...I have never felt so blessed! Some of us volunteers from church went to a low income elementary school and gave all of the kids a new pair of shoes and bookbag. These little kids were not only so cute, but soooo appreciative! I could tell they really felt loved. I couldn't help but cry as I witnessed the excitement on their faces and the sparkle in their eyes. Words can't express how sweet they were or how happy I felt to be a part of such a big day in their lives! On the way back to the church, I teared up again thinking how I take so much for granted each day. I was also reminded of how we as followers of Christ are to have faith like that of a child....that's something I definitely need to pray for! As Christmas is approaching nearer, I hope I continue to remember what it's really about...Jesus and His unconditional love for us. Putting others before ourselves. Faith. Patience. Joy. Peace. Time spent with loved ones. Selfless acts of kindness. Today was such a great example of that!!! I want a heart more like Jesus and I will continue to seek after that...

P.S. I CANNOT wait to get back to Bama for Christmas...I really really really miss my family!!

1 comment:

  1. Oops...posted the comment on the wrong post :)

    So true! We were so blessed to be a part of that and I am so thankful for the reminder! God is so good, and we certainly don't deserve it! Hope you're having a great week, see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete